As psychological trainers, we are involved in supporting development. In workshops and group trainings, we try to increase participants’ area of self-awareness, stimulate and mobilize internal potentials, as well as teach skills useful in the process of change.
- Trainings on selected topics (e.g. communication, assertiveness, managerial coaching);
- Trainings targeted at specified aim, tailored to individual needs (e.g. team integration, crisis management in a team, developmental conversation with an employee);
- Programs - training cycles (e.g. Leadership Development / Leadership School, internal coaches’ trainings);
We advise on how to prepare appropriate training projects, we examine and diagnose the needs. The programs of our trainings are always tailored to the current needs of the client.
We assume that assertive communication is one of the pillars of the optimum functioning of every company. Assertiveness may not only be the basis of communication in a company or in a team but it can also be used as a method of exerting influence or as a form of a certain behaviour in difficult situations.
“Assertiveness in its deepest sense, is a sort of people’s attitude towards themselves and others. It means treating yourself and other people with equal respect, pursuing personal rights, respecting the rights of others and protecting one's dignity. Assertiveness helps increasing self-satisfaction and positive relations with the surroundings.
Assertive attitude is expressed by means of an assertive behaviour, i.e. the way of communicating with other people that allows to fully express oneself and one’s needs without violating the rights and dignity of the other person. Techniques and procedures, which constitute the linguistic layer of assertive communication, support such attitude. However, basing only on techniques and procedures may lead to manipulation, which is in contrast with the spirit of assertiveness. True assertive behaviour originates from interrelation of an assertive attitude and proper language.”
Benefits from assertive communication in professional contacts:
- better accuracy of mutual understanding;
- smaller risk of conflicts, embitterment, and other misunderstandings;
- increasing the chance to reach agreement and make settlements;
- minimizing the time needed for effective conversations;
- increasing self-confidence, lowering the tension in interpersonal contacts;
- preventing manipulations in interpersonal contacts.
The author of the Polish version of the assertiveness training is the co-founder of INTRA Maria Król-Fijewska. Maria and Piotr Fijewscy are the authors of the first Polish books on assertiveness: “Stanowczo, łagodnie, bez lęku” and „Asertywność menedżera” [“Firmly, gently, without fear,” “Assertive Manager”].
The Intra centre introduced trainings on assertiveness to the Polish business market at the beginning of the 1990s. We have elaborated our own training style, materials, and procedures developed over the years that have been already used by many companies.
Examples of training subjects concerning assertiveness and communication:
- Assertiveness as a way of communicating in business: trainings aim at implementing assertive communication into the entire organizational culture, team, or department. We provide trainings for employees at all levels.
- Assertiveness as a method of exerting influence: the aim of this training is to teach participants from business to effectively enforce, instruct, and correct others in an ethical way, but also negotiate, and effectively change the interpersonal reality surrounding them:
- we train sales basing on assertiveness;
- we teach an effective leadership: team development, employee development;
- we teach employees how to effectively create areas of cooperation and good communication (atmosphere).
- Assertiveness as a form of a behaviour in difficult situations: we train how to react properly in difficult relations with an employee, an internal or external client, with superiors from different levels. We also train how to react in crises or during the changes in organization, i.e. conveying bad news, firing employees, solving difficult conflicts, and other interpersonal situations.
Trainings in this area are focused on development of personal abilities that improve the skill of an effective functioning both in private and professional life. Trainings include topics such as time management, coping with stress and emotions, arranging own activities and managing energy.
Broadening self-awareness plays an important role in development of personal abilities because better understanding of oneself, own needs and responses to the expectations coming from our surroundings allows to implement potential corrective measures as well as constructive changes in behaviour.
Benefits from development of the above-mentioned abilities:
- improvement of time as well as own energy and resources management;
- increase of an effective decision-making, engagement and motivation;
- Increase of abilities to lower tension and prevent overload of work as well as professional burnout.
Our programs have been elaborated on the basis of a long-term experience in therapeutic and coaching work. We have developed our own work model of coping with stress based on experiences stemming from focusing, mindfulness, Lowen’s bioenergy, classics of relaxation techniques and our own procedures. During trainings, we work in accordance with our own model of time management that is partially based on an existential approach of Covey, yet mainly it is based on original ideas, thanks to which we teach the method of time slow - down.
Examples of training subjects concerning individual effectiveness:
- Coping with stress/ emotions management: we train how to identify ow stress and how to cope with anxiety by means of exercises, autofocus techniques, mindfulness as well as how to build an internal reliance system including life-work balance.
- Effective time / own energy management: the aim of this training is to increase awareness of personal time and priorities management. The idea of the workshop is based, among other issues, on business philosophy by S. Covey and the so-called time and own energy management generation V, i.e. “slowing down time” as well as the idea of “decompression chambers.”
In area of the leadership we train leaders how to:
- build managerial identity/ a leader identity,
- effectively strengthen one’s authority and charisma,
- effectively manage,
- talk to employees especially when the talk is difficult,
- create integration, cooperation and motivation within teams,
- get out of the crisis in the team.
We teach coaching skills, thanks to which managers gain a deeper and better understanding of processes taking place in a team and they become able to manage these processes. We provide single trainings and long-term programs that often combine workshop with an individual coaching to obtain optimal and lasting results.
WORK WITH THE TEAM:
Due to our long - standing experience in area of coaching, interpersonal coaching and trainings for coaches, we are experts in the use of natural processes in the group for education and development:
- for team integration,
- for a better communication and cooperation,
- for an increase of engagement, responsibility and effectiveness in actions.
We provide integration trainings aiming at transforming a group into a team and creating standards of working together. We also work with teams on the development of their cooperation and on how to cope with conflicts. During workshops and trainings, we present constructive ways of functioning in a group.
Examples of subjects concerning leadership and team building:
- Leadership – building the potential and identity of the leader: raising awareness and ability to effectively draw conclusions/ make an analysis and synthesis/make decisions as well as influence constructively.
- Managerial coaching: training how to conduct a coaching talk connected with a constructive feedback to an employee, particularly useful in problem solving, employee education, emotionally difficult talks, in helping, but mostly in a business training.
- Manager as a coach – managing and teaching an own team: managers are provided with coaching tools to use them in difficult situations, work with resistance, in time of changes. Managers are also provided with mediatory, integration tools as well as tools used to hold educational meetings in the form of a group coaching or a mini workshop.
- Team leadership in the time of crisis, in the process of changes and transformations: the training allows to explain the mechanisms that drive change and their implementation to the company, realize the role and tasks of the leader in the process of leading the team through changes, develop the skills to constructively influence teamwork, break the resistance to changes in a smooth and effective way, learn the tools of communication during the process of changes so that leaving the comfort zone could increase the organization’s impact zone.
- Intervention training: crisis in the team: our coaches work with the team on a constructive solution of a crisis/ conflict, smoothing the communication, integration and cooperation. They provide participants with communication tools, they teach mediation and conflict management.
- Integration/ cooperation in the team: trainings in this area aim at making the participants get to know each other better, experiencing their own way of functioning in the group as well as acquiring constructive behaviours that positively influence cooperation. These trainings give an opportunity to develop openness, self-confidence and understand the processes of the team-work.
TRAININGS USING ACTING/ THEATRICAL TECHNIQUES:
- Self-presentation workshop: based on acting techniques, the workshop is an intensive, practical exercise of a stage behaviour while presenting and it allows to develop individually tailored techniques of gestures, voice, eye-contact, interacting with the audience, reducing the stage fright and building a greater feeling of comfort and self-confidence. Participants work on their own speeches.
- Anti-stress workshop with the use of theatrical techniques „Experience relax”: Participants go through a series of exercises deepening the awareness of one’s own body, starting with rest through intensive theatrical exercises, ending with relaxation. Thanks to a dynamic workshop structure, participants may experience both physical and psychological lessening and then relaxing the body as well as enhancing the self - awareness.
- Integration workshop „Action”: participants are supposed to start „a machine,” which is an organization of a theatre performance where every mode counts, starting with actors, through direction, production, audience organization and promotion. Before commencement of the task, participants go through an intensive integration by means of theatrical methods: body work, voice, stage movement, improvisation. The participants will learn indispensable communication tools, team-work cycle as well as an influence of a synergistic acting.
INTRA Centre invites employees from companies and institutions to open trainings:
- Personal training
- Assertiveness training